Thursday 18 July 2019

A New Monitor

The times move fast. Must faster than I do, when it comes to computer hardware.

As mentioned in the last blog, I would reveal what kind of monitor I have been using for all this time.

Above is a picture of my new setup.

The Old Monitor

An Iiyama original. The Vision Master Pro 454 HM903DT B

It was quite a good monitor at the time and it did manage to perform fine for decades.

The New Monitor

The new monitor is visible at the top of the blog. It's a HP1 Z2n G2 27 inch monitor and it is awesomeness.

Some notes:

the stand
very sturdy heavy metal adjustable stand
incredible contrast
especially compared to my old monitor. I had to up the anti-aliasing on my games, as the jaggies were very noticeable, now that the contrast is awesome.
easy setup
just a little difficult to find the buttons.
the brightness
the brightness needs some getting used to, especially if the screen is a bright white. Especially in the evenings, the brightness needs to be turned down.
size/weight
it's obviously a huge difference in size and weight. The desktop (the real one) has a lot more real estate now. Getting used to having more room to put the keyboard.
energy
I expect a lot of energy savings with the new monitor, as well as a reduction in generated heat.
operating system
zero problems in all my operating systems in getting the highest resolution. Almost didn't have to do anything at all.

Conclusion: with the new graphics card and the new monitor I sit and stare in silent admiration at the beautiful images that my games can conjure up for me.

References

HP Website - HP Z27n G2 27 Monitor
https://store.hp.com/NetherlandsStore/Merch/Product.aspx?id=1JS10AT&opt=ABB&sel=MTO

No comments:

Post a Comment