Thursday 10 November 2022

J-Fall 2022 Writeup

I went to J-Fall 2022 on the 3d of November 2022.

I attended the following sessions:

Pattern Matching: Small Enhancement or Major Feature? - Hanno Embregts Peter Wessels
I enjoyed it immensely.
Design Patterns in the Light of Lambda Expressions - Venkat Subramaniam
It was pretty good. An eyeopener was replacing Autoclosable with Lambdas, that was fun.
Java Next - From Amber to Loom, from Panama to Valhalla - Nicolai Parlog
Great overview of what's coming.
Effective Developer Testing: taking it to the next level - Maurício Aniche
He had some thoughts on tests that I didn't think of before.
Modern and Lightweight Cloud Application Development with Jakarta EE 10 - Ivar Grimstad
I always like to keep up to date with Jakarta.
Keep your dependencies in check - Marit van Dijk
Dependencies, who doesn't hate them.

Things I would like to have attended, but will probably at some point look them up on the YouTube:

Supercharge your Native Image applications 🚀 - Alina Yurenko
Really interested in this, since I'm using GraalVM in my hobby projects. Unfortunately cannot go native at the moment, as lots of it is dynamic.
Threading the needle: multithreading with project Loom - Marcel Ton
Sounded interesting, but I don't do much with threads (which is the safe bet, honestly).

And that's about it.

References

NLJUG - JFall 2022
http://jfall.nl/

No comments:

Post a Comment